• English
  • Français
  • 日本語
  • 中文
  • 한국어
  • Русский
Work in Canada

Get your credentials assessed

To have your qualifications recognized in order to work in Canada, the first step is to find out which organization is responsible for assessing your qualifications and what documents are required.

As a general rule, if your chosen occupation is:
  • regulated, recognition of your qualifications will be determined by the appropriate provincial or territorial regulatory authority;
  • non-regulated, recognition is normally at the discretion of theemployer.

Get detailed information on the assessment process to immigrateor work in Canada.

Connect the dots!

Answer six questions to find information that applies to your situation.

  • In Canada
  • Outside Canada
  • Alberta
  • British Columbia
  • Manitoba
  • New Brunswick
  • Newfoundland and Labrador
  • Northwest Territories
  • Nova Scotia
  • Nunavut
  • Ontario
  • Prince Edward Island
  • Quebec
  • Saskatchewan
  • Yukon
  • study
  • work
  • postsecondary institution
  • university
  • college
  • private career college and/or vocational/technical school
  • language school
  • elementary/secondary school
  • distance training
  • I don't know
  • Yes
  • No

Directory of Occupational Profiles

Find information on occupation regulation, regulatory authorities, credential assessment and recognition, and whether a mutual recognition agreement (MRA) is available.

International Education Guides